TN50#32, How Do You Define Fit, 09 August 2021
Happy Monday and welcome to The Next 50 #32.
Happy Monday and welcome to The Next 50 #32. CrossFit has done more work in defining what it means to be physically fit than any other organization, IMO. Below is a list of skills that CrossFit believes everyone should be competent in, remember competent is individual based.
Read through this list of general physical skills and identify 2 or 3 that you feel you are competent at now and 2 or 3 that you feel need work.
- Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance — the ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
- Stamina — the ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
- Strength — the ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
- Flexibility — the ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
- Power — the ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
- Speed — the ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
- Coordination — the ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
- Agility — the ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
- Balance — the ability to control the placement of the body’s center of gravity in relation to its support base.
- Accuracy — the ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
My 3 weakest skills right now are: Strength, Power and Balance, and just like that I have my focus areas for my training going forward.
What are your deficiencies? Can you figure out a simple plan to improve those areas of your fitness?
As always, I would love it if you shared your thoughts on this entry and please share this with your tribe if you think it would be useful.
Have a good one, Alex
2022 Murph Count: 11