TN50#5, Sleep Tips from an Organization with a Budget in the Billions, 25 January 2021
Happy Monday and welcome to TN50#5!
As a general scheme I want to focus on the basics of Eat – Sleep – Move along with whatever else tickles my fancy from time to time. So I decided it would be fun to share sleep hygiene tips from an organization that spends billions of dollars every year looking out for the well-being of Americans and the global population.
I was very happy to find the following entry as I snooped around.
Tips for Better Sleep
Good sleep habits (sometimes referred to as “sleep hygiene”) can help you get a good night’s sleep.
Some habits that can improve your sleep health:
- Be consistent. Go to bed at the same time each night and get up at the same time each morning, including on the weekends
- Make sure your bedroom is quiet, dark, relaxing, and at a comfortable temperature
- Remove electronic devices, such as TVs, computers, and smart phones, from the bedroom
- Avoid large meals, caffeine, and alcohol before bedtime
- Get some exercise. Being physically active during the day can help you fall asleep more easily at night.
Here’s the link for you to explore for yourself, I did change one thing that should be easy to figure out.
Happy to say that I agree with all the advice.
Have a good one, Alex