TF50#105, Focus on the Process, 16 January 2023
Happy Monday and welcome to The Next 50 #105.
Is your 2023 motivation for getting healthier already starting to be a drag?
Are the scales showing you haven’t lost the 20 lbs. yet? Has your sleep tracker still not given you a 90 or higher score? Have you still not hit 10,000 steps! If this is you it’s time to change what you are focusing on, all three of these examples are RESULT focused; in my Better Basics Program it’s all about focusing on the PROCESS and BEHAVIORS.
Here are the highlights for me. You can use these or make up your own but your list needs to be measurable in real time; you can see how this doesn’t work for something like, drop 20 pounds!
- Maintain a short Food Clock (FC)
- Eat enough protein for your body weight and training levels
- Don’t eat foods that turn on your Fat Switch
- Prioritize your sleep environment
- Maintain your pre-bed rituals
- Mind the clocks: Master Clock, Electronics Clock and FC
- Move as often as possible throughout the day
- Move your body through the full ranges of motion and space
- Train and Play
Next week we’ll touch on how to score your measurables in a way that doesn’t crush your desire to keep improving.
As always share the post with your team or anyone who might find it useful and let me know what you think!
Have a good one, Alex